What are the advantages of PA6 nylon plastic compared to ABS
Author：admin Time：2019-06-22Browse：130 Frequency
Summary Of Information：
The main advantages of PA6 nylon plastic materials: 1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the compressive strength is comparable t
The main advantages of PA6 nylon plastic materials:
1. High mechanical strength, good toughness, high tensile and compressive strength. The specific tensile strength is higher than that of metal, and the compressive strength is comparable to that of metal, but its rigidity is not as good as that of metal. The tensile strength is close to the yield strength and is more than twice as high as ABS. It has strong absorption capacity for impact and stress vibration, and its impact strength is much higher than that of ordinary plastics, and it is superior to acetal resin.
2. The fatigue resistance is outstanding, the workpiece can maintain the original mechanical strength after repeated iterations. PA is often used in occasions where the periodic fatigue of the escalator handrails, new bicycle plastic rims, etc. is extremely obvious.
3. High softening point, heat resistance (such as nylon 46, high crystalline nylon high heat distortion temperature, can be used at 150 degrees for a long time. PA66 after glass fiber reinforced, its heat distortion temperature reached 250 degrees or more).
4. The surface is smooth, the friction coefficient is small, wear-resistant. It is self-lubricating when used as a moving mechanical component, and has low noise. It can be used without a lubricant when the friction is not too high. If it is necessary to use a lubricant to reduce friction or help dissipate heat, water oil, grease, etc. can be selected. Therefore, as a transmission component, its service life is long.
5. Corrosion resistance, very resistant to alkali and most salt liquid, but also resistant to weak acid, oil, gasoline, aromatic hydrocarbon-like compounds and general solvents, inert to aromatic compounds, but not resistant to strong acids and oxidants. It can resist the erosion of gasoline, oil, fat, alcohol, weak cockroaches, etc. and has good anti-aging ability. It can be used as packaging materials for lubricating oil, fuel, etc.
6. Self-extinguishing, non-toxic, odorless, good weather resistance, inert to biological erosion, good antibacterial, anti-mildew ability.
7. Have excellent electrical performance. The electrical insulation is good, the volume resistance of nylon is very high, and the breakdown voltage is high. In the dry environment, it can be used as a power frequency insulation material, and it has good electrical insulation even in a high humidity environment.
8. The parts are light in weight, easy to dye and easy to form. It can flow quickly due to its low melt viscosity. It is easy to mold, and has a high freezing point after filling. It can be quickly shaped, so the molding cycle is short and the production efficiency is high.